+234 818 611 0200, +234 803 437 4949
There are significant enhancements to the Leicester MBA programme due to take effect from April 2017 and explain what they mean to you as an applicant.
These enhancements concern the programme’s content, structure, delivery and assessment, and support the programme’s aim to continue to develop MBA graduates who have the knowledge and skills to:
• lead individuals, teams and organisations to achieve organisational objectives and improve the wellbeing of individuals, organisations, communities and societies;
• think critically, reflectively, and strategically;
• make decisions and manage decision-making in an evidence-based way;
• manage and integrate across functional areas;
• work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy and be generators of sustainable value for their organisations and society at large; and
• manage their careers and professional development and engage in life-long learning
The enhancements align with the strategic vision of the newly created University of Leicester School of Business to become a world-class business school. The improvements have been designed following a major review of the programme and an extensive consultation with current and prospective students, academic and professional service experts, our external advisory board, and the accrediting body, the Association of MBAs.
The key benefits of the enhanced programme entail greater support for your learning and professional development:
• More face-to-face interaction with your tutors and peers: In addition to the Leicester Masterclass held at the University of Leicester, you will have the opportunity to attend up to four 2-day residential workshops, which you can take at any of our five global centres. The residential workshops and the Leicester Masterclass will focus on developing your managerial and transferrable skills.
• More live online interaction with your tutors and peers: Every week you will have either a two-hour online lecture or a one-hour online seminar. Each of these will be supported by two hours of Q&As and discussions with your tutors and peers in an online forum. Live seminars will be in small study groups, with a selection of times convenient for different time zones.
• More focused learning to assist progression: You will study one module at a time, allowing you to concentrate your attention on one area.
• More opportunities to demonstrate your professional development: Throughout the programme, you will be compiling your Learning and Professional Development portfolio – a record of your learning, reflection, attainment of skills, and engagement in career development activities. The portfolio will help you evidence your professional competencies and growth to current and future employers.
• More opportunities for using your knowledge and skills: This can be in your workplace or to support your next career move. Your final piece of assessment - the MBA Project - can be a traditional dissertation, an in-company project, or a business plan.
What the enhancements mean for you in practical terms
• Start date. The Leicester MBA has two new start dates: April and October.
• Programme duration. The normal time to complete the programme is 30 months. This assumes that you do not take a period of suspension. If you do need to take a break, you are allowed to do so, as long as you keep within the maximum registration period of 60 months.
• Residential workshops. You will need to attend, as a minimum, one of the 2-day residential workshops during the first 3 core modules plus one Leicester Masterclass. Alternatively, you could attend 3 residential workshops
When. Residential workshops will take place in July and January.
Where. Residential workshops will take place in five Global Centres: UK - Leicester, UAE - Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, Southern Europe - alternating between Cyprus and Athens, West Africa - Lagos or Accra and East Africa - alternating between Lusaka and Kampala. You can attend residential workshops at any of our five Global Centres.
• The Leicester Masterclass. You will have the opportunity to attend a week-long Leicester Masterclass held annually at the University of Leicester. Attending one Masterclass will be necessary if you choose to attend less than 3 of the residential workshops
• Fees. Please call/email any of Leadmode’s representatives for partial scholarships and other details: firstname.lastname@example.org, +234818 611 0200, +234803 437 4949.
Your course fee includes attendance at residential workshops, the Leicester Masterclass and your examinations.
Your course fee does not include accommodation at residential workshops, accommodation and catering at the Leicester Masterclass, or travel to examinations, residential workshops and the Leicester Masterclass.
• Assessments. You will be assessed based on: 50% examination and 50% individual assignment for the first three core modules; 50% group assignment and 50% individual assignment for the option module; and 100% individual MBA project in the final module.
Further information regarding dates of all MBA events will be available in early December 2016 via University of Leicester’s MBA website (https://le.ac.uk/courses/the-leicester-mba-dl)
We welcome you to join our Leicester MBA programme commencing in April 2017.
Your next step
For any questions you may have about the programme, please contact Leadmode Resource Centre or register for University of Leicester’s online MBA chat from Tuesday 15th November 1730-1900 (UK time) at this link (https://meetandengage.com/universityofleicesterdl)
Credits: University of Leicester’s Admission team